Manage Your Practice Well
(Full Day, Dentists, Office Administrators)
Course Objectives and Topics– Attendees should be able to:
Learn how to hire and retain excellent staff members.
- Finding the right people
- Newspaper ads that work
- Checking references
- Smart interviewing tips
- Creating the right environment
- What staff members want
Understand how to develop a policies manual.
- Why you need a policies manual
- What should be included in your manual
- Developing your customized manual
Conduct productive staff meetings.
- Why you should conduct staff meetings
- Staff meeting basics
- Items covered in staff meetings by department
- The problem-solving method
- Barriers to productive staff meetings
Learn the proper protocol for employee termination.
- When to terminate
- The “at-will” doctrine and exceptions
- Termination protocol
Understand practice overhead benchmarks.
- The importance of overhead control – a comparison of practices
- Overhead benchmarks for 7 key categories
- Staff compensation and bonus systems
- Impact of managed care on profitability
Understand the importance of a written financial policy.
- Talking about financial matters with patients
- The “infection control” analogy
- Traits of an acceptable financial policy
- Insurance claims management
The front desk – the nerve center of the practice
- Division of duties at the business desk
- Telephone tips to improve patient communications
- Strategies for controlling the schedule and reducing disappointments
- Tips for dealing with chronic offenders
Operate a profitable hygiene department.
- How to help your hygienist increase production
- How to implement assisted hygiene
- Sabotaging the assisted model
Learn how to be the leader in the practice.
- How to create mission and vision statements
- What leadership is NOT
- What leadership is
- 25 truths every doctor should know